Welcome

Welcome to the new blog spot of Sondela Academy.

Thursday 26 November 2015



Friday the 13th started like any other hot spring day but my day had a few more activities. Friday is the day that guest check in and get ready to be spoiled the whole weekend. For myself things were going to change, the reason was that I was called into the office and asked, if I wanted to be a private chef for guest that were checking into a Makhato house. It was  very exciting and scary at the same time, because it was a chance to show off my skills that I have learnt. I did not know what type of guests I was going to have to serve. To my surprise when I got there I found a very friendly couple waiting for me. I introduced myself  and we had a little conversation about what they would want for dinner . I then realized I was not cooking for 2 people but 14 people. I also then saw that they were here to celebrate a birthday party. I was told I could set up the menu for them. The scariest part was when I had to serve the food , I was not sure if the guests would like the food, but thanks to the Sondela chefs and students everything I have learnt paid off that weekend. It was a big success!! I now know that I can do anything if I put my mind to it .

Raseaka Ramokgopa

This was written by one of our 2nd Year Diploma Sondela Chefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment